Hang on, what? Sweet potato am I reading this right? Yes I’m putting potatoes in a brownie, but trust me on this they actually taste great! Sweet potatoes and brownies have to be two of my favourite things, but will they work together?
Recently I’ve been going on a bit of a healthy eating craze but I have such a hugeee sweet tooth and can’t resist brownies. So after reading a few recipes I knew I had to try these out! After making them I ran a poll on twitter to see if to guys wanted a post on it and you all were desperate to see them! Now, as much as these are ‘healthy’ they are still a little treat, but one I can have with a guilt free feeling. I must admit I do prefer a normal brownie but these are still incredible and I find myself wanting to eat a whole batch at once!
- 50g Oat Flour
- 110g Coconut Butter
- 200g Mashed Sweet Potato
- 60g Coco Powder
- 2 teaspoons of Maple Syrup
I would say this makes about 6 Brownies so feel free to double it to make more, I mean who doesn’t want more brownies?
So the recipe itself is fairly simply, just mix them all together and wing it is my sort of attitude. But I thought I would try and make it a little more professional!
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees
- To make Oat Flour, blend the oats together until a Flour like consistency is formed.
- In a large mixing bowl place all the ingredients and mix until a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour the batter into a baking tray and cook for around 30/40 minutes depending on how you like them cooked.
- To make an icing I just combined a few teaspoons of water with icing sugar and two teaspoons of coco powder. I purely did this just to make them a little more photogenic but it did add to the taste!
These like any other brownie are definitely best served warm. I let them cool for a few minutes before iceing them, then I quickly had one before everyone else get their hands on them.
So that’s all it is, pretty simple to make something ‘nutritious’ and yummy! Give this a go and let me know what you think of them.