The best thing about Summer has to be cocktails. Nothing tastes as good as a cool cocktail on a hot summer day. Well we can’t quite get a hot day here in the UK. (Is it even a blog post if I don’t slate the British Weather) However it doesn’t stop me from having a little drink every now and again. Cocktails always seem so hard to make but they are actually so simple. Here are my favourite home reciepes.
This is the one I am most excited to share. Strawberry Prosecco Ice lollies!! Yes you heard me Ice lollies, I mean what more would you want. These are actually so easy to make.
Ingredients (Makes six) :
2tbsp caster sugar
4 tsp elderflower cordial
4 tsp lemon/lime juice
- Cut and remove the storks of the strawberries, then place in a blender with the sugar, cordial and lemon juice.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve into a jug the stir in the prosecco
- Pour the mixture into the moulds leaving about 1cm at the top.
- Put the ice lollies in the freezor for around an hour and the push the sticks 3/4 of the way in. Then let them freeze for around 8 hours. (I just left mine over night)
- All done, now just enjoy!!
I also had a little bit left over so I put it in a glass and just had it as an ordinary cocktail.
Mango & Raspberry Prosecco
Mango is definitely one of my favourite fruits so putting it in a cocktail is a dream for me.
1 Fresh Mango (cut into chunks)
1-2 tbsp Soft Brown Sugar
2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Blend the Mango, sugar and lemon juice together to make a puree.
- Pour the puree into a bottom of the glass then top the rest up with prosecco
- (Optional) Place a small amount of coulis in the glass to give extra flavoring and place a raspberry on top for decoration
AND THAT’S IT, I mean how easy is that!
Let me know what cocktail is your favourite.