Starting University has been one of the best things in my life but a lot of people aren’t sure. I’m only in my first year at Uni but I can safely say I’ve learnt a hell of a lot. So here are 15 things I’ve learnt from uni.
- It’s ok if you don’t know what you want to do or be, literally hardly anyone knows where they are heading.
- You realise who your real friends are.
- Yes you miss your family but you actually have the time of your life.
- Every night can be a crazy night but only go out when you want to.
- Pre drink hard, drinks in the club are far to expensive.
- Why get a kebab when you can cook your own chips at home?
- You have to work. At school your teachers push you and help you out but as soon as you get to Uni it’s now down to you. You’re no longer told what to and have to figure out what’s best by yourself. So basically if you don’t enjoy the subject then don’t do it because chances are you won’t work for it.
- Leaving your washing up for days seems like a good idea but when you really have to scrub your plates to make them clean you instantly regret it.
- You start to learn the difference between want and need.
- If you have a lidl or aldi near you, seriously appreciate it.
- Dessert becomes nonexistent.
- Having your own room is an absolute bliss but equally can sometimes be a little lonely.
- Growing up and becoming more independent isn’t really scary.
- Cooking isn’t too hard
- But you do live of the same three meals that you can actually cook.
Let me know if you’re thinking of going to uni this year of if you are still a little unsure.